Bike Routes in Litchfield County (CT) and Berkshire County (MA)
The Upper Housatonic Valley (portions of Litchfield County, CT and Berkshire County, MA) is ideal for bicycle riding. View, print and download these bike routes for a great experience.
MASSACHUSETTS – here are five scenic bicycle routes in Berkshire County:
- Sheffield, MA Bike Route
- Great Barrington, MA Bike Route
- Stockbridge, MA Bike Route
- Lee, MA Bike Route
- Lenox, MA Bike Route
The Berkshire Bike Route Brochure (all 5 towns included) is available here:
Riding with GPS? Download the Berkshire bike routes directly to your device:
CONNECTICUT – We’ve been working on bike routes throughout Northwestern Litchfield County of CT. The Housatonic Covered Bridge Trail (HouBike Trail) broshure and map is available at town halls, librarires and other public places throughout the region.
Download HouBike Maps
There are many area bike routes to enjoy. The 45-mile HouBike Trail is divided into 10 segments so that you can easily download just the segment(s) that you’d like. Each PDF map will print nicely on an 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper.
CT HouBike Route Downloads:
- Map 1 – Ashley Falls MA to Rt. 44 in Salisbury CT
- Map 2 – Rt. 44 to Falls Village
- Map 3 – Rt. 44 to Falls Village (Option A)
- Map 4 – Falls Village to West Cornwall
- Map 5 – West Cornwall to Cornwall Bridge
- Map 6 – West Cornwall to Cornwall Bridge (Option B)
- Map 7 – Cornwall Bridge to Kent
- Map 8 – Cornwall Bridge to Kent (Option C)
- Map 9 – Kent to Bull’s Bridge
- Map 10 – Bull’s Bridge to New Milford
Prefer just the detailed map? Here are PDF maps of trail segments, but without any of the turn-by-turn directions…
- HouBikeWalk Map 1 – Ashley Falls to Rt. 44 Salisbury
- HouBikeWalk Map 2 – Rt. 44 Salisbury to Falls Village
- HouBikeWalk Map 3 – Falls Village to West Cornwall
- HouBikeWalk Map 4 – West Cornwall to Cornwall Bridge
- HouBikeWalk Map 5 – Cornwall Bridge to Kent
- HouBikeWalk Map 6 – Kent to Bull’s Bridge
- HouBikeWalk Map 7 – Bull’s Bridge to New Milford
Salisbury – Sharon, CT – Enjoy these four cycling loops in and around Salisbury and Sharon.
- Salisbury Loop 1 – This 23 mile ride starts in the center of Salisbury
- Salisbury Loop 2 – Sharon Loop 1 – a 15.2 mile loop starts at the Town Green, then North on Route 41
- Salisbury Loop 3 – Sharon Loop 2 – a 12 mile loop that starts at the Town Green and takes you by Mudge Pond
- Salisbury Loop 4 – Sharon – Lakeville Loop – This 22.7 mile ride starts at the Sharon Town Green and takes you through some classic New England farm country
Kent, CT – Great bicycling for all generations, with a choice of five separate loops
- Kent Loop 1 – This 10.4 mile out and back is about as flat a ride as you will find in Northwestern Connecticut.
- Kent Loop 2 – This 11.3 mile ride has a little bit of everything that makes cycling so enjoyable – scenic river views, an historic covered bridge, quiet country roads and one good hill to test the legs.
- Kent Loop 3 – For the most part, this 15.4 mile ride follows the same roads as Ride #2 – but with an additional 4-mile jaunt.
- Kent Loop 4 – This 26 mile ride starts out dead flat but don’t be fooled; there are two serious climbs on this ride. Recommended for experienced cyclists.
- Kent Loop 5 – For this challenging 25.2 mile ride, you will need a mountain bike.
We also have the Kent Bike Routes fully mapped in one brochure:
- View a lo-res PDF of the Kent Bike Routes brochure Front
- View a lo-res PDF of the Kent Bike Routes brochure Back
Visit www.HouBikeWalk.org for a complete list.
Bike Rentals in Berkshire County
Berkshire Bike and Board
M-F 10-7, Sat 10-5, Sun 11-5
29 State Rd
Great Barrington, MA 01230
Bike Rentals in Litchfield County
The Bicycle Tour Company
9 Bridge St.
Bike Rentals in NY State (nearby)
Rail Trail Supply Co.
14 Main Street / PO Box 543
Millerton, NY 12546
Bash Bish Bicycle
247 Rt. 344
Copake Falls, NY