Warren Historical Society – Warren, CT
The purpose of the Society shall be to acquire, preserve, and exhibit historic articles and archival materials related to the Town of Warren; to gather preserve and disseminate historic information relating to the Town.
Warren was settled in 1737 as part of the Town of Kent. In 1750 a separate ecclesiastical society called the Society of East Greenwich was established and a church was founded in 1756. In 1786 Warren was incorporated as a separate town.
Even though for most of its history Warren has been an agricultural community, by 1810 Warren became known as an educational center with five private schools and an academy which produced 15 ministers and educators.