Skip to main content

Sheffield Historical Society & Dan Raymond House Museum – Sheffield, MA

The Sheffield Historical Society maintains seven historic structures. The 1774 Dan Raymond House is both a period museum and houses the Society’s main office.

Other buildings on the campus include:

– the 1820 Parker Hall Law Office

-a 19th century Carriage Barn that contains an exhibit of agricultural and related tools

-an 1876 brick Education Center which was an early Sheffield greenhouse

– an unusual early 19th century double chamber Greek Revival Smokehouse

-the early 19th century Hatter’s Shop, which now contains the collection of the Mark Dewey Research Center

-and a circa 1834 commercial building, known locally as the Old Stone Store, which now functions as the Society’s gift shop and gallery

159 Main St. Sheffied, MA 01257