Weekend in Norfolk CT – 2017 (Dates to be determined)
A Weekend in Norfolk! Join us as everyone in town gets together to welcome you with a wonderful variety of things to do.
- Hear world-class performances at the Yale Music Shed and Infinity Music Hall.
- Take guided walks through Great Mountain Forest and Aton Forest or explore our woodland trails on your own.
- See the Norfolk Artists & Friends annual show
- History buffs will enjoy a self-guided tour of historic houses and browsing the exhibits and books at our historical society’s museum.
- You can attend a free concert presented by Yale Summer School of Music students, then head for the farmers market for fresh local foods and handmade
- Bring your kayak and launch it on Wood Creek Pond, see a canoe being made, go bird watching or even get married or renew your vows on the Village Green.
- Take your family to an ice cream social or a watermelon-eating contest. Touch a truck at the Fire Department’s open house or pet a goat at Lost Ruby Farm. Admire the stained glass windows in Norfolk’s three historic churches…the list of events goes on. In between, you can stay in one of our fine bed and breakfasts, eat at one or more of our lively restaurants or go shopping downtown.
Come by yourself or bring your family and friends…. Whatever your pleasure, we’ll welcome you. For event details, see Music, Art, Nature, Kids and &More. For places to stay, see Eat, Sleep, Shop.
To learn more about Norfolk, our beautiful small town enfolded by the northwest Connecticut hills, visit the town’s website at http://weekendinnorfolk.org/. While you’re there we suggest you check out our Natural Resource Inventory; a downloadable version replete with photos is available free. To get a bird’s-eye view of the town, see our Visitors Map. To find out what residents have been doing, you might also explore the website of Norfolk Now, our own monthly newspaper. And come see us in person the first weekend in August!
Questions? Just send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. More detailed directions and an up-to-the-minute schedule will be available at our Welcome tent on the Village Green. For now, you can view the latest schedule online…and do check our website and Facebook page for the updates and pictures we’ll be posting as our plans progress.